This is one of my friend’s strokes of genius! These mushroom baked eggs make a delicious breakfast with a drizzle of hollandaise or a tasty side with dinner.
What you need
- Medium portabella mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do
Mike generally makes these on the BBQ but they’d work in a large frying pan with a lid. You could also bake these in an moderate oven for the same cooking time.
- Heat your BBQ or pan to a medium heat.
- Break the stems off the mushrooms and place onto the BBQ with the top on the pan. It should look like a cup.
- Crack your egg into your mushroom cup and close the lid on the BBQ.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes for a running eggy center.